Monday, November 26, 2012

Blog Surfing


  

 I have been blog surfing lately, you know, just trying to find some awesome blogs that really inspire my style, my blog, might have awesome holiday gift ideas, DIYs, blah blah blah.... and what.the.hell out of all the millions of blogs out there why does everything have to be high fashion?!? Don't get me wrong, I love high fashion, and sure, I can drool over a pair of Louboutins, a Chloe bag, or a Hermes scarf for a minute or two but in all reality browsing through these sites where the daily outfit or gift ideas consists of items like these, is just frickin ridiculous. I can appreciate the beauty and that so-and-so the famous designer made it , but I would much rather see someone put together an  INCREDIBLE outfit made up of NO brand names. Think about it, I have never owned anything recognized as a high fashion label but if I were to go into the Dolce and Gabbana section of Saks BLINDFOLDED and put together an outfit I'm sure I would be commended for my "style" and featured in blogs for days. It's like being in a candy shop and getting rewarded for picking out... candy; no gold star for that person.

 uh uh, I cannot relate to these blogs that feature a random 26 yr old someone who recommends the new Ipad, a Burburry scarf, AND latest Uggs as "stocking stuffers for your man", or who dress in only couture labels for their featured outfits. Trends, labels and money do not determine style. 

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Smooooches!

5 comments:

  1. I know, bloggers sell dreams... If I find any, will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I totally relate! I am a fashion design student here in NYC and I run a fashion blog. I shop at forever 21, H&M, target, gap, urban outfitters, etc. You know, more affordable places. Check out my blog and tell me what you think. I can't relate to those blogs either.

    love from NYC,

    Taylor
    taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com

    Shop Taylor Morgan, Free Shipping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see I'm not the only one! Love your blog, and your style, thanks Taylor!

      Delete