Tuesday, January 8, 2013

{not so} Small Frye



Frye Harness 12R Chocolate love! Photo by: Kelly Ann

I was in Scottsdale the other day with my sister from another mister when a guy came up to me and asked (for his wife who was standing further away, blushing) What kind of boots I was wearing and where they could find some! 
I was so flattered (and shocked because I thought the whole world knew what Frye Harness boots were), and actually started blushing myself (BAHaha, silly me!) 
"Aw, these ol' things?" (I didn't really say that) but I did collect my whits and tell them they are "Frye" brand, the best boot brand EVER, the style is "Harness" ("Harness 12R Chocolate" to be exact), and they sell them at Nordstrom along with tons of other Frye boot/shoe styles. They were so funny, getting all excited, said a quick "Thanks so much!" and walked away, wifey saying "Let's go to Nordstom!" under her breath. My SFAM laughed at me for blushing and said she had never heard of Frye either! WHAT THE HECK! I have to tell everyone!


Side note: Frye doesn't only make boots of all shapes and sizes, they have handbags, wallets, accessories, sneakers, clogs, moccasins, flats, pumps, oxfords, and shoes/boots/accessories for men and kids, too. Here are just a few of my favs!



Frye Paige

Frye Deborah Studded Short

Frye Melissa Trapunto


You can buy The Frye Company almost anywhere.. like: Nordstrom, Belk, Urban Outfitters, Macy's, Anthropologie, and of course online markets like Ebay, Amazon, and Etsy are great places to find good deals. You just have to remember that the awesome Limited (2 year) Warranty is only offered when purchased at  authorized Frye Company retailers.

Don't know the style anymore, sorry! Photo by: oneoakphoto.com

My first pair of Frye boots I bought on Ebay! I was just about to start college and was in desperate need of some awesome classic leather boots to strut around campus and fell in LOVE with a pair that were $400... (damn me and my expensive taste!) Obviously, my Mother refused to buy them so I resorted to Ebay to try to find an affordable pair. What-do-you-know; I found the EXACT ones I had wanted, in my size, (and they were "%100 Authentic" which is the key word for finding non-knock off) listed at $200 "Buy-it-now", so I did. Almost 7 years later I STILL get stopped on the streets and compliments on them.


Fun fact: The Harness boot style looks the exact same as the Harness made in the 70's. I have a friend who wears a pair of Harness boots from the 70's and they look exactly like my new ones. (The wear and tear is hardly even noticeable at all which is so sweeeet!)

Damn, sorry y'all, I talk a lot... Comment for more info!

Smooches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment